IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN ENTERING THE CONTEST:
If you'd like to have chance to win this package, all you have to do send me an email describing how you would be able to use this package to help your business get off to a quick start in 2011. You can be a new startup, or an experienced small business. If you'd like to nominate someone other than yourself, please feel free to do so! Here's what you need to know:
· Keep your contest essays to 500 words or less
· Send it to me by 3pm ET Monday December 27th
· Include company information, website, social networks you belong to, blogs, etc. (this is not included in essay word count)
· The winner has to have a US address, as I will only ship it within the US
· There will be only one winner
· The winner will be announced the first week of the new year
· Email entries should be sent to Brent [at] BrentLeary [dot] com with the subject line of 2011 Technology Kick-start Contest
That's it! I will select the winner from the entries that come in by 3pm ET December 27th. If you have any questions please feel free to email me at the address above.
This year I haven't been blogged as much here as I wanted to. But I do plan on changing that in 2011. But first I really want to say thank you to everybody who've supported the blog over the past 5+ years (or read my Inc. column for the past 3 years).
And in addition to saying thank you, HP has given me a laptop - a brand new HP ProBook 4425s notebook computer, powered by AMD - that I'd like to give to a small business person. Not only has HP stepped here to make this happen, but I also asked my friends at other companies small businesses depend on to see if they could throw in some products to help out. So on top of the HP laptop, I'm also able to include:
- Microsoft Office 2010 Pro (big thanks to my buddy Tom Harshbarger!)
- Sage ACT! 2011 (big thanks to my buddy Ryan Zuk!)
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro (thanks to my buddy Brian Domingo!)
- Intuit Quickbooks Online subscription (thanks to my buddies Rachel Euretig and Monica Applbe!)
And don't be surprised if there are a couple of more pieces that get added to this. I'm viewing this as a great 2011 small business technology kick-start package that I hope will be able to help someone get off to a great start next year. I'm still putting this together, so stay tuned here at the blog for the official "Kickoff to the Kick-start" contest. All details should be ready for next week. I just couldn't wait til then to say thank to HP and all my friends at Microsoft, Sage, Adobe and Intuit. Most importantly, I couldn't wait to say thank you to all those folks who take time to pay attention to things I've written over the course of the last five and a half years!