The Future of Customer Service is Here - Are You Ready For It?
An increasing percentage of interaction with customers is coming by way of social networks and online communities. Included in these interactions are requests for information, ideas for product improvements, pleas for assistance, and customers helping each other with questions and concerns. With all these open conversations taking place, not only is it important to respond quickly and accurately to keep customers happy, but it also can convince potential customers of our ability to serve them as well.
This Thursday (January 28th) I'm moderating a free webinar of experts to discuss how customer service is changing to serve socially-empowered customers - today and beyond - in order to build long lasting relationships with them. This event is brought to you by TheSocialCustomer.com, and features a great group of panelists, including:
- Frank Eliason, Senior Director in National Customer Operations at Comcast
- Michael Chui, Senior Fellow of the McKinsey Global Institute
- Mark Yolton, Senior VP of SAP's Community Network
As you can see from this lineup of experts, you will hear a great mix of experience, best practices, and real examples that will help us all understand how we can build better customer experiences for those we serve. Here are the details:
Title: The Future of Customer Service is Here
Date: Thursday January 28th
Time: 1pm ET / 10am PT
Click here for more information and to register for this free event.
Also I'm in the midst of playing "editor-in-chief" for an ebook project we're doing at TheSocialCustomer.com on this very subject. The ebook brings together a wealth of knowledge, experiences and insights on how companies are engaging today's customers in order to provide the kind of customer experience that will build long lasting relationships. Told from the perspectives of service professionals, industry analysts, company executives, and service providers, you will find various approaches, best practices and lessons learned.
Expert Participants include:
- Chris Brogan
- Frank Eliason (Comcast)
- Emily Yellin - Author of Your Call Is (not that) Important to Us
- Dr. Natalie Petouhoff - Sr.Analyst at Forrester
- David Alston - VP of Marketing and Community at Radian6
- Sanjay Dholakia - Chief Marketing Officer at Lithium
- Scott Rogers - Director of Strategic Planning for David's Bridal
- Mark Simmons - VP of Customer Service at Six Apart
- Ellen Filipiak - SVP of Customer Care at DirecTV
As you can see TheSocialCustomer.com is bringing an "A List" of experts together to fully cover this area. Stay tuned for when this book becomes available, and I hope to see you on Thursday at the webinar.